APA 2018 Election Information
The APA Elections Committee includes: Sue Brandt (Chair), Matt Evans, Danielle Flaumenhaft, Erik Maillard, and David McFarlane.
For questions, please contact the APA Nominations and Elections Committee Members.
Individuals must be APA members in good standing to nominate or be nominated for office. After the close of nominations, properly nominated candidates will be contacted by the Elections Committee Chair to confirm their willingness to run for office.
All nominations must be submitted via email to the chair of the APA 2018 Nominations and Elections Committee, Sue Brandt, at email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, February 16, 2018.
- February 2 – Notice of election and candidate nomination announced to APA members via the APA newsletter and APA Website updated to add the 2018 Elections tab information. Nominations open for five APA Board seats and five MEA/NEA/RA Delegates. Nominators and nominees must be APA members in good standing. To nominate email the APA Nominations and Elections Chairperson, Sue Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- February 16– Close of nominations submitted to committee chair by 5:00 pm.
- February 20 – Eligible nominees contacted via email to confirm acceptance of the nomination.
- February 23 – Deadline for nominees to accept nomination 5:00 pm.
- Biography templates are due 3 business days after the candidate accepts the nomination. Candidates return information for bio template to committee chair by 5:00 pm. The template will show who is an incumbent. The bio template will only allow for the following information:
- Candidate Name:
- Official Job Title (this is the MSU job classification that shows up through MSU people search):
- Employing Unit:
- Number of Years in the APA Union:
- Number of Years Employed as a Regular Employee at Michigan State University (do not include time as a student/on-call/temp):
- Candidate Email Address:
- March 5 – APA Website 2018 Election tab will be updated to include candidate’s biography templates.
- March 20 – Online voting ballot opens with an announcement through ListServ.
- March 29 – Voting closes 5:00 pm. Election results 5:15 pm open to members to attend at the APA Office, 3474 Alaiedon Parkway, Suite 400, Okemos, MI Results distributed to the membership via APA ListServ.
APA Executive Board
Five (5) seats on the APA Executive Board with terms ending in 2021
MEA / NEA / RA Delegate
Five (5) MEA/NEA/RA delegate positions with terms ending in 2021
Voting will be done electronically. APA members will receive information on voting via the official APA ListServ. Please watch your email for important election information. A paper-based ballot option is available by contacting the Elections Chair.
Current Executive Board Members and MEA/NEA RA Delegates are reflected with a (B) incumbent indicator in front of their name.
Candidate Bios will be posted on March 5th.